Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

The Craft Barn: Q & L Challenge

The weather is pretty bad today so I had plenty of time for the new challenge at the Craft Barn. The challenge this time is to use the words HUG and/or NOWHERE in a quote or lyric.
I knew immediately that I wanted to go with NOWHERE and to choose the lyrics from a song of a band which I discovered recently. 
The band is "Canterbury" and the song is: "Going Nowhere". Check them out, they are really good. Their CD is on constant repeat in my car at the moment :)
  I made another page in my journal and got the inspirations from an article in Craft Stamper. For the background I've used white and light blue acrylic paints and some gesso and blue paint with a stencil in the corners. Then added a couple of stamps and some Washi tape. Stamped 3 stars on red paper, cut them out and glued them to the page. Finally printed out the lyrics and added them as well.  

The stamps are from Craft Stamper magazine, Sheena Douglas and Inkadinkado. 
Thanks for looking :)

15 comments:

  1. FAB-U-LOUS!! I have the same Sheena Douglas stamp but have never used it; I love what you did with it here and the blue is gorgeous. The use of washi and the other stamps is awesome and the stars are lovely. Brillaint lyric choice. I'm off to have a proper listen. Have a great week ahead :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite colour choice - blue and red - they always look great. Not heard the song so I shall go and have a listen. Great art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a great choice! I don't know the song either, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found the perfect stamps to match these lyrics. I am so impressed with your use of the stamps with the washi tape. So ingenious. I'm off to see if I can listen to that song, since my computer is rather iffy when it comes to stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really neat page, love the cracked effect.
    Funny, on sunday we here in belgium had such a fantastic day weatherwise, it was summer, 22°C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue with a pop of red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know that song, so will go find it! Great background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I enlarged the image, I could see all the yummy texture in the background--really beautiful job! The lyrics really flow on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mixed media page, great colours, love the washi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that background, and those lyrics, not heard them before either. thats what I like about this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous page, the red stars really rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FANTASTIC background, loving the colours and pops of red which highlight your wonderful chosen lyrics. Fabulous page :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is excellent. Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great song lyrics, and I love the background, it's a lovely shade of blue! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous page. Love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Very much appreciated. :)