Pages

Sunday 12 June 2016

Craft Barn "Alpha/Dictionary" Challenge

The new letter for the Craft Barn challenge is "T" and no twist this time. 
After a lot of thought I went for Time. My favourite quote is "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" from John Lennon, which I wanted to use. 
 
For the background I crumbled a piece of cling film into a ball and used it as a kind of sponge with white acrylic paint. I sponged the acrylic paint in splotches all over the background. Let it dry and used 2 Distress Inks all over the background. After that I used some stamps across the background in a random pattern and added the polka dot border. I printed out the quote and added it to the background along with the definition.
 
Thanks for looking :)



6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the background technique you used. I had forgotten about that, and after seeing yours, remembered how much fun you can have with that cling wrap/film. Time is also a favorite of mine. I really enjoyed all the pocket watches you used on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another technique for me to try... Great background and I think I recognise this stamp, in my stash somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that is a novel technique! The background is lovely and the quote fits perfectly with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background technique you used. That is a super quote and a lovely piece x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice BG technique and a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great quote and the lovely background sets it off perfectly. Another technique added to my "to try " list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Very much appreciated. :)