Pages

Tuesday 3 June 2014

The Craft Barn: Q & L Challenge

And here comes another journal page for the new Craft Barn Challenge.
The Challenge this time is to use the words MISTAKE and/or MOUNTAIN in a quote or lyric.
 
For this one I've used a lyric from one of my favourite bands: The Black Keys. The song is called : Next Girl. The lyrics go like this: "My next girl, will be nothing like my ex girl. I made mistakes back then, I'll never do it again." 
If you'd like to check out the song, you can find it here.
The background is made with 3 different Pan Pastels. I've used the positive and negative side of a woman stencil for the heads, some chalkboard speech bubbles for the lyric and Inkadinkado stamps for the corners.
Thanks for looking. 

11 comments:

  1. What a fabulous page! SO much thought has gone into creating it. Excellent background, the corner stamps are very cool and go with the font on the video really well I thought. I like how you used the positive and negative heads and the different typographys that you used. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, love the composition and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours. I like how you have put the lyrics into speech bubbles and used the heads to underline the text. A great page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, love the chalkboard speech bubbles and the whole layout is very pleasing:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pan pastel colour mix, great song too - enjoy a peaceful Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know this song, but your page looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page with some great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admit I've never heard of this song, but I love how you illustrated it, and the clever way you used the stencils and word/speech bubbles. I'm super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft blending of colours in the background, the chalkboard bubbles and those circle stamps. Lovely page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty page! The text is interesting, and I like the corner design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Very much appreciated. :)